The exact role of the Principal Designer will vary dependent upon the size and complexity of a project however detailed below is an outline guide as to what the Principal Designer role may provide.
The following elements typify our streamlined approach to satisfying what we consider to be the minimum requirements of the revised 2015 CDM regulations for ‘notifiable’ projects:
- Review designers health and safety risk information
- Complete on site health and safety survey of the proposed works
- Produce the Pre Construction Information for issue to contractors and other members of the project team
- Complete F10 notification to the HSE
- Review the Principal Contractors Construction Phase H&S Plan
- Attend the pre commencement meeting
- Compile the H&S File
Call: Trevor Willcocks on 07748 114196 or email us today for more information on our services
Construction Site Safety:
Construction site safety inspections are an essential part of monitoring the construction process and ensuring safe working of contractors.
Our team of health and safety consultants can either perform an advisory or policing role (dependant on client need), offer help and support to the contractor, as well as liaising with designers/consultants/enforcement officers as necessary.
Construction site safety inspections enable a client to demonstrate that they are fulfilling their legal duty in respect of ensuring there are suitable management arrangements in place for a project including welfare facilities.
Our team of construction site safety experts will provide ongoing monitoring, assessment and support for the practical application of health and safety on a project.
It is important to note that construction site safety inspections should not be regarded as just a policing role, although there are times when this is appropriate. Our clients are encouraged to be seen offering help and support to the on-site contractor.
Construction Health and Safety Management:
Our Construction Health and Safety Management team are able to provide a suite of construction health and safety management information reports that can be used to both monitor and manage health and safety performance. The reports enable the client to focus on individual areas of performance.
If a scoring system is implemented we are able to produce a number of reports which reflect the site scores and standards on site, this is then intended to give the client a clear understanding of the health and safety management performance of their site teams and contractors. This enables clients to manage quickly and clearly the application and improvement of health and safety through all the parties involved in their site activities.
Our Construction Health and Safety Management reports allow the client to demonstrate compliance with their legal duty to check the competence and resources of the contractors they appoint on an ongoing basis.
Construction Health and Safety Consultancy:
Our specialist Construction Health and Safety Consultancy team offer practical solutions and risk control strategies, in this high risk sector. All of the team have construction skills, which help with the implementation of the new CDM regulations:
Construction Health and Safety Consultancy services include:
- Production of or assistance with company health and safety policies
- Production of a client’s health and safety specification and the assistance and/or introduction and implementation of standardised health and safety procedures for construction works across all disciplines
- Attendance at regular progress meetings or health and safety forums
- Monitoring and management of the appointed Principal Designer, when we do not fulfil the role
- Enforcement liaison and accident investigation
- Expert witness
- Fire risk assessments
- DDA surveys
Contact Solent Safety Services Limited today for more information on our Construction Health and Safety Consultancy services: